How Do I book my appointment online?
- Click on one of the ‘Book Online’ buttons or the ‘Book NOW’ tab on our website
- Select the appointment time required with one of our practitioners
- Click ‘Book Now’ after selecting the appointment time
- You will be redirected to a page with two tabs up the top of the page. Select either the green tab on the top left corner ‘I am a NEW patient’ or enter your Email Address and Password if you are an ‘Existing Client’ and already have a booking account.
- If you are a new patient, you will be required to enter a few of your details so we will be able to contact you with any appointment notifications. Your appointment will be confirmed via the email you have provided.
- For existing clients, after entering your booking login details, your appointment will be confirmed via your current email.
Do I need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist?
No, you do not need a referral for treatment as a private patient.
If you are involved in a workers compensation or motor vehicle accident claim, or DVA, you will need a valid Doctor’s referral.
Can physiotherapy be claimed under Medicare?
Some treatments may be eligible for a Medicare rebate if you have obtained an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC). This allows people with a chronic condition who are managed by their GP to access Medicare rebates for physiotherapy services. Please ask your GP for more details if this is applicable to your condition.
Can I use my private health insurance to claim for treatment?
All services provided at Physio One are covered under private health insurance. A gap fee will apply depending on your health insurance company and your level of cover. Please contact your insurance company directly to enquire about your physiotherapy rebate.
What health funds are you affiliated with?
All of our physiotherapist are part of the Bupa Members First and HCF More for Muscles programs. Our acupuncturists and massage therapists are preferred providers for Medibank Private. This ensures certainty of out-of-pocket expenses for members of these health funds. Please contact your insurance company directly to enquire about your rebate.
Do you have Hi-Caps facility?
Yes, we are able to swipe your card on the day of treatment and make your on-the-spot claim with your health insurance company. Please bring your private health insurance card with you for use of this facility.
What can I expect on the first physiotherapy visit?
When you first arrive, there will be a patient details form to complete which for most people takes no more than a few minutes. After that, you will meet with one of our physiotherapist for a thorough consultation, health history, and examination to determine the nature of your problem and best course of treatment. We will then start treating immediately.
How long is each physiotherapy session?
Sessions are determined by your condition and will vary in time depending on your particular requirements. Treatments are usually 30-45 minutes.
What is your cancellation policy?
We understand that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us as soon as possible. When you call, we will help you reschedule your appointment. Giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. Should you cancel a session with less than 24 hours’ notice or miss a session without notice, you may be liable for a cancellation fee.